Admission Process for Army Institute of Technology (AIT), Pune
NOTE: Admission to Army Institute of Technology (AIT), Pune is only for the children of serving/ex-serving Army personnel and war widows of the Army.
Well, the admission procedure to Army Institute of Technology (AIT) is pretty straight forward and unless you make a very foolish blunder you cannot really miss out on getting in (if you have a competitive score). Here's how it goes:
1. Admissions at this prestigious instituion are based on the combined scores & ranks of JEE (Main) and class 12 exam in 60% - 40% ratio. unlike most other engineering colleges in Mumbai & Pune which conduct admissions through MH CET scores.
2. Next, you need to apply to Army Institute of Technology (AIT) by purchasing the prospectus and application form (costs around 750) by one of the three methods:
i) By Post
ii) By Hand or
iii) Download it Online from www.aitpune.com
Remember to put in your JEE (Main) Roll. No. in the application form.
3. About 3 weeks after the JEE (Main) results are out, Army Institute of Technology (AIT), Pune will come up with its Merit List - a list of the top 800 students who had applied to the college - which will be put up on the notice board at AIT, its website and a couple of other places. If you've done well in your JEE (Main) and your name features on this list, you'll have to dispatch a few attested photocopies of your score card to AIT.
4. Once they've verified your score you'll receive a "Call for Admission and Joining Instructions" letter from the college or you'll be required to download it from the institute's website. This, however, doesn't guarantee admission and only means that you've been shortlisted successfully.
5. The letter mentioned above will contain details of when you require to report at the college along with your documents. At the time of admission, you'll have to fill in an admission form with certain personal details and more importantly the branch of engineering you wish to take up at AIT.
6. Now, suppose you have a brilliant JEE (Main) score and land up amongst the top 10 or even 50 in AIT's Merit List, you'll definitely get a seat at AIT in your chosen branch. However, if you're not fortunate enough to get your desired branch but are still offered a seat in some other stream, it is recommended that you secure it for the time being. If you don't you'll be out of the admission process and if you do, you still stand a chance of getting your field of interest if a vacancy arises. Check previous years cutoffs to get an idea of what score/rank are you going to need.
7. Once you're given provisional admission, you just need to submit your original documents, pay up the stipulated fees and report to the college as instructed. Please don't take the last part lightly, as you could still be thrown out.
- You need to be physically present at the time and place notified in the joining instructions or send a representative on your behalf with an authority letter only if you're very sick.
- If you happen to reach there late, you would still be considered but only the seats vacant at that time will be offered.
- If you have completed First Year engineering from any Institute throughout the country is NOT eligible for re-admission in First Year Engineering at AIT
List of Documents to be submitted along with the Application Form:
- Photocopy of JEE (Main) Admission Card/Hall Ticket
- Proof of gallantry award (C.T.C. of Part II Order / Citation / Gazette Notification) clearly specifying the Gallantry nature of award
- Proof of age as in the Mark Sheet of SSC/Class 10/ equivalent examination
- Mark Sheet showing the PCM marks obtained in the qualifying examination (i.e. 12th std), only if the applicant has already passed the same
Proof of eligibility in respect of the following categories as applicable:-
- Child of a serving Army personnel or of a regular Army pensioner (Submit Certificate No 1 from prospectus).
- Child of an ex-Army personnel granted pension benefits (Submit Certificate No 1 from prospectus).
- Child of an ex Army personnel who has taken discharge or released after ten years of service (Submit Certificate No 1 from prospectus).
- Adopted child of an Army personnel (Submit Certificate No 2 from prospectus).
- Step child of an Army personnel (Submit Certificate No 2 from prospectus).
- Child of an ex-AMC/ADC Officer (Submit Certificate No 3 from prospectus).
- Child of an APS Personnel (Submit Certificate No 3 from prospectus).
- Proof of Ward of War Widow (Battle Casualty Certificate alongwith C.T.C. of Part II Order (as per Appendix ‘A’ in the prospectus).
- Address for correspondence (as per Appendix ‘B’ in the prospectus).
- Willingness Certificate (as per Appendix ‘C’ in the prospectus).