Atria Institute of Technology (AIT), Hebbal
Atria Institute of Technology is located in Hebbal and it’s very well connected by BMTC buses to the centre of the city. Buses drop you at Hebbal bus-stop on the outer ring road which just 100 meters from the college. All the buses going towards international airport stop here. College also provide bus facility but very few people opt for it.
The college has a lot of space in the campus but it is not properly utilized. Students often complain of not having a proper parking lot, because of which they have to park their vehicles under the hot sun. Some blocks in the campus are still under construction. There is no wifi in the college and wired internet which is provided in the labs is also not reliable. Labs are well equipped with all the apparatus and instruments, however only half of them are new and in a good condition. There are no facilities for indoor or outdoor sports. There used to be a TT table which is nowhere to be found now.
Hostels are good and students have no problems regarding them. The mess food is also not bad but north Indians might not like it. The rooms are on triple sharing basis. The charges are 45 thousand; 50 thousand if you want attached toilets.
The college collects Rs 9,000 a year above the VTU fees of Rs 33,000 as examination fees.
Faculty varies as per department – for ECE, CS & IS they’re very friendly and co-operative but for Telecom they’re extremely strict. One thing about them is common for all branches – majority are freshers and inexperienced. They communicate in English, which is not all that fluent but one can understand it if they pay enough attention.
Attendance & Discipline:
They try to be really strict for attendance and ask for a minimum of 75%. But you can manage with as low as 40% by paying up fines of about 500 rupees. Below 40% you’re highly prone to get detained.
To put it in a student’s words, you can find “people from all phases of life”. Majority – about 70% – of the students are Bangalore-ites. Majority of the remaining 30% are north Indians. Very less girls are there, and they’re quite reserved too.
Leela store aka “Atria Corner” is the only and most popular hangout. It’s right outside the gates of the college and you get all those things needed by college students to kill time.
There are no proper facilities for food. There’s a small canteen but food served here is bad. The students feel that this is the worst part of their college.
There is a college festival conducted here and it is supposedly intercollege. But the students feel it’s not even worth mentioning, and forget about inter-college even they themselves seldom go for it. There are no other events apart from this fest and entertainment factor is zero in this college.
The college has average placements. About 80% students from CS & IS branches got placed last year. Infosys was the major recruiter while TCS and Accenture were among other companies that had visited the campus. The highest package offered was 3.8 lakh.
ASKB Campus, 1st Main, Anandanagar,
Hebbal, Bangalore - 560 024
Phone: 080 23631298 / 23546084
Atria Institute of Technology is not the best college to choose for engineering, but it isn’t a bad college either. It’s going to improve once the infrastructure is completed and more companies start coming in for recruiting.