Centralized Admission Process (CAP)
The admission process has been revised from the year academic year 2012-13 and numerous changes have been listed out below. The revised process has also been given below that.
- Two separate processes CAP (for non-autonomous institutes) & CAPAI (for autonomous institutes) have now been clubbed into a single Centralized Admission Process (CAP).
- A new Mock CAP Round has been introduced so as to familiarize students before the actual CAP Round 1 begins.
- Number of CAP Rounds has been reduced to a total of 3 CAP Rounds and here's the summary of those rounds.
For students who are out of the CAP Rounds and still wish to pursue engineering in Mumbai or Pune the only options left are:
- DJ Sanghvi College of Engineering, Mumbai
- Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management & Engineering, Mumbai
- Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT), Mumbai
- Symbiosis Institute of Technology, Pune
- Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Engineering, Pune (if you've appeared for BVPCET)
- Army Institute of Technology, Pune (if you're eligible and have appeared for JEE Main)
The DTE's site mentions the dates for each of the procedures given in the following steps:
1. Go to the website www.dte.org.in/fe2013. Fill up the online application form there itself and take its printout. You will have to fill in some personal details such as your name, date of birth, SSC Marks etc. Nothing related what colleges you wish to take at this stage.
2. Go to your nearest Application form Receipt Centre (ARC) with the documents mentioned (original and attested copies) and submit the form. They will give you a STAMPED printout of the form. A List of ARCs is given below
3. Check out the provisional merit list displayed on the DTE's site and ensure that all your details are correctly specified in the list. If there is any discrepancy, then go to the ARC on the specified dates and get it corrected.
4. Check out the final merit list displayed along with your State level rank, Home University Rank, Category Rank, JEE Rank.
5. Next, the DTE will announce the date when the Mock CAP Round 1 option form will be made available. This is the new addition to the process to make the students used to the process before the fill up the actual CAP Round 1 option form. Go to their website and fill the mock online option form according to your choice. (Eg: Choice 1: SPIT Computers, Choice 2: TSEC IT, Choice 3: SFIT EXTC). You have to fill in minimum one option and a maximum of 100 preferences in all.
6. The results of the Mock CAP Round will be announced and you will be shown the college and stream you have been allotted (if any) out of the choices you had filled. Mock cutoffs will also probably be announced and it's really important for you to analyze these results as the final allotment for CAP Round would also perhaps be similar.
NOTE: Although it is likely that CAP Round 1 shows similarities to Mock CAP Round 1, you should be prepared for unexpected and drastic changes as well. Also it goes without saying that you won't under any circumstances be able to claim a seat in the college allotted to you in the Mock CAP Round 1.
7. After the Mock CAP Round results are announced, you'll have to fill in the actual option form for CAP Round 1 exactly in the same way as the Mock Round. It is not necessary to fill in the same choices you filled in your Mock CAP Round, you can change them as per your will. An addition here is that you have to report to the ARC in person and confirm the submission of your online option form.
WARNING: Be very careful while filling the Round 1 form, because if you get a seat from any of the first 3 choices you have submitted, then you are not eligible for further CAP rounds irrespective of whether you take admission in that particular college AND field or NOT. You can, however, choose to not take admission if you get into any of the options 4-100, and you will still be eligible for the second round.
8. Provisional allotment list is then displayed on the site.
9. If you have been allotted a seat in one of your first 3 choices then report to the particular college. You are not eligible for further CAP rounds and have to compulsorily take admission in that particular college AND field. If you don't, you're out of CAP and are left with very few options such as the exceptional colleges mentioned above or one of colleges through Institute Level seats or Minority quotas (if eligible).
10. An institute-wise vacancy list is displayed on the site after each CAP round.
11. If you have not been allotted a seat or have been allotted a seat in one of the 4-100 options and you did not secure admission in it, then you can fill another option form online, i.e, CAP Round 2. This time again you can fill up to 100 choices (you can fill new options or even repeat the same options as round 1), but you HAVE to accept admission wherever you get it. You can’t say NO in round 2.
12. Even after round 2, if you haven’t got a seat then there is CAP round 3.
If you still wish to do engineering, then be prepared to go to AURANGABAD because round 3 is held at Govt. College of Engineering, Aurangabad. It is definitely not advisable to wait this long. In round 3 all the vacant seats are pooled together and students are called one by one (in order of merit) and asked to choose his/her college & field from whatever few seats that remain vacant till round 3.
There are a total of three CAP rounds from the year 2012-12, which are quite nicely tabled here.
|CAP Round No.||No. of Options||Eligibility||Explanation/Remarks|
|Round 1 (MHT-CET/JEE)||Min. 1 and Max. 100||ALL||
1-3: admission has to be taken. Student is not eligible for further CAP rounds.
4-100: admission need not be confirmed. Student is eligible for further rounds.
|Round 2 (MHT-CET/JEE)||Min. 1 and Max. 100||Students who couldn’t secure (or didn’t take) a seat in round 1.||If a student gets allotted, he HAS to take admission. He is not eligible for further CAP rounds|
|Round 3 (MHT-CET only)||It’s counseling in Aurangabad. Everyone gets a seat.||Students who couldn’t get a seat through Round 2||It’s the last CAP round. There will be no further rounds, but it’s highly advisable to try not to go so far before getting a seat.|
|No.||Name of College||Address||Nearest Railway Station|
|1||Vermata Jijabai Technological Institute(VJTI)||H.R. Mahajani Marg, Matunga, Mumbai 400019||Wadala/KingsCircle|
|2||Vidyalankar Institute of Technology (VIT)||Vidyalankar College Marg, Wadala(E), Mumbai , 400614||Wadala|
|3||Watumull Institute of Electronics Engg. & Computer Tech||47, Dr. R.G. Thadani Marg, (near Venus Apartment) WorlI.||Dadar|
|4||Sardar Patel College of Engineering (SPCE)||Munshi Nagar, Andheri (West), Mumbai - 400058||Andheri|
|5||Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology (RGIT)||Off. Juhu Versova Link Road, Versova, Andheri(W)||Andheri|
|6||Thakur College of Engineering and Technology (TCET)||Thakur Shyamnarayan Marg,Thakur Village,Kandivali(E)||Kandivali|
|7||K.J.Somaiya College of Engineering (KJSCoE)||Vidya Nagar, Vidya Vihar, Mumbai - 400077||Vidyavihar|
|8||Thadomal Shahani Engineering College (TSEC)||37th Road, Off Linking Road, (Near National), Bandra (West)||Bandra|
|9||Vivekanand Education Society's Inst. of Tech. (VESIT)||Hashu Advani Memorial Complex, Behind Collector Colony, R.C. Marg, Chembur.||Chembur|
|10||St. Francis Institute of Technology (SFIT)||Mount Poinsur, S.V.P. Road, Borivali ( W )||Borivali|
|11||Shivajirao S. Jondhale College of Engineering (SSJCE)||Sheel Kalyan Highway, Behind Venkatesh Petrolpump, Sonarpada,Manpada Post, Dombivali (E)||Dombivali|
|12||Vidyavardhini's College of Engg and Tech (Vartak)||K.T.Marg, Vasai Road.||Vasai|
|13||K.C. College of Engineering||Mith bunder Road, Near Sadguru Gardens, Kopri||Thane|
|14||Ramarao Adik Instt. of Tech (RAIT)||Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidyanagar, Sector-7, Phase-I, Nerul, Navi Mumbai||Nerul|
|15||FR. C. Rodrigues Institute of Technology (FCRIT)||Sector 9-A, Vashi, Navi Mumbai||Vashi|
|16||Smt. Alamuri Ratnamala Institute of Engineering and Technology (Koti College)||Sapgaon, Tal. Shahapur. Sapgaon, Taluka Shahapur||Shelu|
|17||Theem College of Engineering||At Village Betegaon,Boisar Chillhar Road , Near Union Park, Boisar(E)||Boisar|
|18||Shree LR Tiwari College of Engineering||Survey no. 267, Near Commisioner's Bungalow, Kanakiya Park, Mira Road (E)||Mira Road|
|19||Om Gurudev College of Engineering||Mohili-Aghai, (Atgaon - Tansa - Aghai Road), Shahpur||Atgaon|
|20||Saraswati College of Engineering||Plot No 46/46 A, Sector 5 Near MSEB Sub Station Kharghar||Kharghar|
|21||Kokan Gyanpeeth College of Engineering||Vengaon Road, Dahivali, Karjat||Karjat|
|No.||Name of College||Address||Landmark|
|1||College of Engineering (COEP)||Wellesly Road, Shivaji Nagar Pune||COEP (Nr. Pune Railway Station)|
|2||P.E.S. Modern College of Engineering||1186 A, Shivajinagar, Off. J.M. Road, Pune||Wadia College|
|3||JSPM's Rajarshi Shahu College of Engineering||S. No. 80/3, Mumbai Pune Bypass Highway, Tathawade||Tathawade|
|4||Jaywantrao Sawant College of Engineering||S. No. 58, Indrayani Nagar, Handewadi Road, Hadapsar||Handewadi Road|
|5||MAEER's Maharashtra Academy of Engineering||Kelgaon-Alandi, Alandi(Devachi), Tal. Khed||-|
|6||Maharashtra Institute of Technology (MIT))||Paud Road,Survey No. 124, Ex-Servicemen Colony, Kothrud||MIT, Mayur Colony|
|7||G.H.Raisoni College of Engineering & Management||Gat No. 1200 , Domkhel Road, Wagholi,Tal-Haveli,Pune||-|
|8||JSPM's Imperial College of Engineering and Research||Gat No. 720/2, Pune-Ahmadnagar Road, Wagholi, Tal- Haveli, Pune||-|
|9||Pimpri Chinchwad College of Engineering||Sector 26, Pradhikaran, Nigdi Pradhikaran, Pune||Nr. Akurdi Railway Station|
|10||Sinhgad College of Engineering||44/1, Vadgaon,(bk) off sinhgad Road Pune||-|
|11||Indira College of Engineering & Management||Survey No.64,65,Gat No.276, At Post Parandwadi, Near Somatne Phata, Tal- Maval, Pune||-|
|12||Trinity College of Engineering and Research||Haveli. S.No. 25/27, Pisoli, Pune||-|
|13||Dr .D. Y. Patil Institute of Engineering & Technology||Sant Tukaram Nagar, Pimpri, Pune||Nr. Akurdi Railway Station|
|14||Pune Institute of Computer Technology||Sr.No. 27, Pune -Satara Road, Dhankavdi, Pune|
|15||Vishwakarma Institute of Technology (VIT)||666, Upper Indira Nagar, Bibwewadi, Pune||VIT|
|16||Pune Vidyarthi Griha's College of Engineering and Technology||44, Vidyanagari, Parvati, Shivdarshan Chowk, Near MuktanganEnglish School, Pune||-|
|17||AISSMS College of Engineering||Kennedy Road, Near R.T.O. Pune.||Pune RTO, COEP|
|18||Vidya Pratishthan's College of Engineering (VPCOE)||Vidyanagari, Bhigwan Road, Baramati Pune||-|
|19||Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology (VIIT)||Survey No.2/3/4 Kondhwa (Bk.) Pune||Near VIT|
|20||Dr. D. Y. Patil College of Engineering, Ambi||Ambi, Talegaon, Maval, Pune||-|
- ARCs will remain open on all days of schedule (including holidays) between 11AM to 5 PM
- All institutes will remain open from 11AM to 5PM on all days of reporting.
- It is Mandatory for the candidate (except J&K Migrant) to confirm the Online Application form at ARC and get the Receipt-cum-Acknowledgement duly signed by ARC, failing which the candidate will not be considered for allotment.
- J&K Migrant Candidate will get the Receipt-cum-Acknowledgement through their login after confirmation of application form.
- Candidates are required to carry all originals along with score card of MT-CET 2013/JEE Main 2013 to ARC at the time of confirmation and verification of documents.