ARUN KUMAR THIAGARAJAN
Graduation college: SASTRA University, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu
Stream: Computer Science Engineering
Graduation aggregate: 8.7 CGPA
Standout Quality: All my projects and papers combined with my communication skills gave me an edge in the process.
1. Developed a .Net app to unify all IDs used for different purposes like hostel, canteen etc with MS Access as backend.
2. Developed an app to describe Ant Colony Algorithm for routing in networks.
3. Developed a Java app to play rubik's cube on a laptop or comp
4. Submitted 2 papers. One on distributed databases and other giving an idea for a Bluetooth Network in a shopping mall.
Applied for: Microsoft R & D (GTSC) and Beroe Inc.
Jobs offered: Microsoft R & D (GTSC) and Beroe Inc.
Job accepted: Microsoft R & D (GTSC)
Pay Package: 6.78 Lakh
The process consisted of the following,
1. Written test. (Both aptitude and technical) -> There were some algorithm questions which were tough to crack
2. Group Discussion (Speaking fluently is very important as we mostly deal with American customers)
3. Technical interview 1
4. Technical interview 2
5. HR interview 1
6. Microsoft fit interview
What I do:
- Posted: in Bangalore
- Designation: Database engine internals engineer
- Microsoft SQL Server database engine internals engineer supporting enterprise businesses around the world and help them realize our flagship product's true potential. I give solutions to their problems in complex production situations.
Experience at Work:
LOVELY!! You are free to do whatever you want. They respect your sentiments and this aspect is very important for me. And the best part is the amount of learning and the help offered when your stuck somewhere makes Microsoft stand out from the rest. The facilities given to employees are awesome too.
Advice to the juniors:
Be yourself and make sure you speak confidently even though you may be wrong. Work hard on your fundamentals as these are very important here.