COMEDK UGET Admission Process and Counselling
The admission process for member institutes of the Consortium of Medical, Engineering/Architecture and Dental colleges in Karnataka (COMEDK) is done through a simple counselling process as follows:
- Once the Rank lists are published, you have to wait for another 10 days or so until you receive your "Rank Card", an important document which you need to keep safely as a new one is generally not issued.
- A little later, a counselling schedule will be published on COMEDK's website. Check when you've been asked to report based on your Rank.
- If you still haven't sorted out your documents, better wake up now and get everything in order. A list of documents has been provided at the bottom of this page.
- At the counselling centre, the first thing is to get all your original documents and the Demand Draft verified.
Next, they'll verify if you're the same person as who'd appeared for the COMEDK UGET exam in three steps:
- Biometric Verification - your fingerprints will be checked.
- Signature Verification - your signature will be matched.
- Photo Verification - your photo will be clicked and verified with the one they have.
- Once you're through these intense verification tests, you'll be handed over a registration slip wherein you have to fill your Demand Draft details and 3 choices of courses/colleges which you wish to opt for amongst those available at the time.
- Finally, you have to choose one college-course combination, deposit the Demand Draft at the Bank Counter and collect your fee receipt and allotment letter.
- After the completion of the first round seat selection, unfilled, surrendered, forfeited, cancelled and newly added seats, if any, will be offered during the second and final round. All candidates who have either attended or not attended the first round of counseling are eligible to participate in the second and final round.
SPECIAL NOTE : After seat selection in a Medical or Dental college you're allowed to choose between a Provisional or Confirmed allotment letter. While you aren't required to submit your original documents if you choose to get Provisional Allotment letter, you won't be able report to the allotted college without a Confirmed Allotment letter. Engineering and Architecture students do not get an option and are given the Confirmed Allotment Letter directly on submission of the necessary original documents. Any candidate, who surrenders his provisional / confirmed allotment letter on or before the date fixed, will be refunded the fee paid after deducting Rs.5,000/- only, towards administrative expenses.
Documents Required (Original and Attested):
- COMEDK UGET Rank Card (For Medical/Dental/Engineering aspirants) or NATA Score Card (For Architecture aspirants)
- 10th STD / SSLC Marksheet or School Leaving Certificate or any School or government record indicating your birth-date
- 12th STD / 2nd PUC or equivalent qualifying examination Marksheet.
- Demand draft for the notified amount towards tuition fee drawn only from the Nationalized Banks they mention at the time.
- OBC/ SC / ST candidates require an additional certificate issued by the appropriate authority and valid for that year of admission.
- Minority candidates (Christians, Telugu, Tulu, Konkani) need to get a certificate issued from their previous institution stating that they belong to the particular minority if their school leaving certificate doesn't specifically state that.