There are two entrance exams for Architecture and their corresponding admission procedures:
For Govt. colleges in Maharashtra (Not to be confused with the Engineering/Medical MHT-CET)
Relevant Colleges :
- Sir J.J. College of Architecture, Mumbai
- Rachna Sansad’s Academy of Architecture, Mumbai
- Nashik District Maratha Vidya Prasarak Samaj's College of Architecture, Nashik
- B.K.P.S. College of Architecture, Pune
- Marathwada Mitra Mandal's College of Architecture, Pune
- Vidya Pratishthan's School of Architecture, Baramati
- Shrikrishna Educational & Cultural Mandal's College of Architecture, Jalgaon
For Private colleges (all over India).
All the other architecture colleges in Maharashtra, except the seven mentioned above are private and come under their respective Universities. Another exception is the NMIMS College of Architecture which is a Deemed University but it still follows NATA entrance exam). Admissions can also be taken via AIEEE scores but not all colleges accept them.
The "Online Application Form" is being made available to only those eligible candidates, who are desirous of seeking admission to the colleges through this Admission Process on the official websites viz.www.dte.org.in. Aspiring candidates are required to fill in the Online Application Form, take the printout of the Online Application Form and Confirm the Online application form in person along with duly signed printout of the Online Application form, required documents (both originals & attested copies) at the Application Form Receipt Center (ARC). The merit list of eligible candidate for Centralized Admission Process (CAP) will be displayed on the website. There are a total of four CAP rounds. The site mentions the dates for each of the procedures given in the following steps.
1. Go to the website www.dte.org.in/arch. Fill the form there itself and then take its printout.
2. Go to your nearest ARC and submit the form. They will give a STAMPED printout of the form.
3. On the specified dates, go to the ARC with the documents mentioned (original and attested copy) and the stamped printout which you have.
4. Check out the provisional merit list displayed on the site and ensure that all your details are correctly specified in the list. If there is any discrepancy, then go to the ARC on the specified dates
and get it corrected.
5. Check out the final merit list displayed along with your rank.
6. Go to the website and fill the online option form according to your choice. You can fill upto a maximum of 10 preferences in all. You have to report to the ARC in person and confirm the submission of your online option form.
WARNING: Fill only those options where you surely want to take admission, because if you get a seat from the choices you have submitted, then you are not eligible for further CAP rounds and have to compulsorily take admission in that particular college.
7. Provisional allotment list is then displayed on the site.
8. If you have been allotted a seat then report to the particular college. You are not eligible for further CAP rounds and have to compulsorily take admission in that particular college.
9. An institute-wise vacancy list is displayed on the site after each CAP round.
10. If you have not been allotted a seat, then you can fill another option form online. Repeat the same procedure from step 6 to step 8.
11. Now if you still haven’t got a seat then repeat steps 6 to 8 for CAP round 3.
12. Even after round 3, if you haven’t got a seat then there is CAP round 4.
13. These CAP rounds (in both MH-CET and NATA) are applicable for colleges all over Maharashtra.
For colleges not coming under CAP (i.e non-govt. colleges), a private body called as Maharashtra Association of Schools of Architecture (MASA) conducts centralized admissions.
There are 3 CAP rounds which are quite similar to DTE CAP rounds. The entire process of these rounds is explained as below:
1.Go to ARC to fill the online application cum option form. This form is to be filled on the web site www.maharch.org as per the schedule.
2.Take along a DD/PO, two latest passport size photographs and attested copies of the required documents.
3.You will be assigned a unique Application ID. Using this Application ID, you will be able to log-on to the online admission system to check status of processing of your application form, check position in the merit list, allotment of seat, etc.
4.Confirm the submission of Application Form with ARC officer.
5. The ARC officer shall verify the information of the candidate through his/her Application ID and collect the required documents and issue him/her the Acknowledge-cum-Receipt.
6.You can fill up to 6 options (colleges) in the option form.
7.Check provisional merit list.
8.Check the allotment of seat in the 1st round on the MASA website.
9.If you are allotted your 1st preference, you have to confirm the admission. If you are allotted between 2nd to 6th choice, then you may confirm the admission but you are still in for further CAP rounds.
10.An institute-wise vacancy list is displayed on the site after each CAP round.
11.If you are allotted 2nd to 6th choice in the first round or you haven't been allotted any seat, then you are eligible for 2nd round. Check your allotment in the CAP round 2 on the MASA website.
12.If you are allotted any of the 6 options, you have to take it.
13.If you're NOT OFFERED A SEAT of their FIRST choice of institute in either round 1 or round 2 and all candidates WHO WERE UNABLE TO APPLY for admission earlier can participate in round 3.
14.If you wish to participate in Round 3, make FRESH ON LINE APPLICATION the ARCs by submitting documents, fresh Demand Draft of Rs. 1,000/-etc.
15.Seats remaining vacant after round 3 will be filled at institute level only.
Those interested in going to colleges like CEPT, Ahmedabad or SPA, Delhi should fill their individual college forms and send their NATA score along with that.
Professional Course colleges in Bangalore admit students on the basis of their performance in three different exams depending on what course and category they wish to apply.
1. Karnataka CET - for Government seats in Engineering, Medical, Dental & ISMH Colleges
2. UGET - for COMEDK seats in Engineering, Medical and Dental Colleges
3. NATA - for Government as well as COMEDK seats in Architecture Colleges.
Now depending on which seats/exam you wish to apply through, you have to follow one or both of the following processes: